


We are sisters, you and I!
Oh, how I wish we had more family reunions to rehash the past. And to act silly. That's always been what we've done best...
...holding our noses and shaking trying not to lose it during the Christmas Eve service every year, dancing like fish to New Order's Blue Monday, bandanna-clad dance videos with Marvin the Monkey, traveling state by state with The State, driving with the doors open, imagining all the different possibilities for Prom themes-- "A Night in the Meat Locker," etc., "spit stance!," followed by too many inside jokes to name.
You have unleashed a love of nature and beauty in me...
...abandoning the REMobile to catch the sunset, spending hours in the "huth house," digging up salamanders and playing in the mud behind the lake, running along the beach, and listening to wondrous music.
From the time I was old enough to know any better, I wanted to be just like you. I cherished the days you would go through your clothes and hand down to me the ones you no longer saw fit to wear. And loved that you wanted me to sit with you and your friends at lunch when you were a senior and I, only a freshman. You were always the coolest big sister, taking me to concerts, surprise-visiting me at college, coming to the only race I got first place in when Mom and Dad could't make it, planning surprises for my birthdays...
And even though you conspired with Kenzie to tease me so many times at Honey's house, played tricks on me from time to time and wouldn't let me wear your pretty barrettes, I have always been proud to call you my sister. And you're the best aunt to Jack and Gail (doesn't matter you're their only aunt) .
Good luck in your race tomorrow! We'll be there to cheer you on!
I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment