The kids and I picked Mike up from the airport this morning. We're sooooo happy to have him back from India, but we're glad he was able to go and gain some great once-in-a-lifetime experiences, including riding on an elephant and attending his friend's traditional Indian wedding ceremony.
And we were blessed to have my mom stay with us in his absence. As it is, parenting four little kids (one of which is a newborn) is pretty overwhelming even when I'm not short my helpmate. But my mom was a huge help to us all, especially for my sanity.
I was able to take the older kids (plus Opal) to the Pittsburgh Ballet Theater's first Nutcracker production of the season with some other families in our homeschooling group on Friday. I am always amazed by the work that goes into those shows- the dazzling costumes, the complicated and flawless dances, the ornate set. Incredible. And our seats were amazing- second row on the end with no seats in front of us and vacant seats behind us, so I could nurse discreetly and comfortably. For a five and a four year old, Jack and Abigail did wonderfully for the duration of the performance (almost 2 1/2 hours, including the intermission). Other than an occasional quiet grunt, Opal didn't make a peep.
decked out for the occasion (Opal is accustomed to intrusive affections)
PRETty pleased with herself (cute outfit: secondhand score!). Mimi french braided her hair.
ready to be bedazzled
The "Pink Ballerina": Abigail's favorite part ("I want to dance up there. But I'll need a fancy dress.") Jack's favorite was the the Rat King, and Chinese Tea dance (the dragon).
While we were off taking in the sights and sounds of the Nutcracker Ballet, Russie was off with Mimi having all kinds of fun. And she brought home this new friend (She corrected me tonight when I called it a moose: "No! That's a cat!")
Thanks so much again, Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment