Monday, February 4, 2013

{pretty, funny, happy, real}

round button chicken


{pretty}


From February 2, 2013
This was the scene from the back yard of the house Mike and I went to see this past weekend. While the house didn't seem like the one for our family, we both drooled over the 10-acre yard. The peaceful snow just made it all the more appealing. I truly miss being able to hear the snow falling. (We're not necessarily looking to move any time soon- we've just been keeping an eye out for more land.)

{happy}


From February 2, 2013

From February 2, 2013

From February 2, 2013
It seems I rarely get one-on-one time with my middle girl. So this past weekend, when Mike took the older kids to swimming, I put Opal down for a nap, and Russ and I had a special at-home date. We had sweet snacks (caramel popcorn and juice).

From February 2, 2013
And after we snuggled for a good while on the couch, I pulled out a gift I'd gotten on sale a long time ago- stashed for an occasion such as this. The child is obsessed with phones and almost made off with a friends' at a play date last week. As much as I try to avoid battery-powered toys, this one is pretty low-key, and she now has one that actually "works" (it's an alphabet phone).

From February 2, 2013

From February 2, 2013
(listening to the songs) She LOVES it.

From February 2, 2013
It provides sweet dance music on command.

{funny}


From February 5, 2013
This silly little face seems to make it into this category a lot.

From February 5, 2013
A generous friend lent this rocking play mat to Opal, and she thinks it's the best thing since Mom's milk on demand.

From February 5, 2013

From February 5, 2013

From February 4, 2013
"Can you see me?!"

From February 4, 2013
Her expressions just tickle me.

{real}


From January 28, 2013
I love the handful of warm days we inevitably get in the middle of winter. Last Monday was one of those days. I think it got up to the upper 60's- at least it felt that warm in the sun. The kids had fun unleashing some energy that's been pent-up for far too long indoors.

2 comments:

Tacy said...

that baby face scares me! :) too funny.

Rosie said...

I LOVE that intense baby face!
I know exactly what you mean about hearing the snow falling. I miss that too!