Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Mimi & PopPop's visit {part 1}

Last Friday during afternoon, I got a call from my mom, asking what our plans were for this week. As it turned it, other circumstances that were holding them back had fallen through, and they were able to make the trip out here! Of course, I was thrilled, but we decided to keep their visit a surprise until they got here. And we didn't think they'd get here until after the kids' bedtime on Sunday, but they surprised us again by pulling up at 3:40 in the afternoon! The looks and screams of surprise and glee were priceless. Mimi and PopPop had finally made it to our new home in Wisconsin!

The kids delighted in showing them around our house and property, picking berries, flying a kite, playing many games, going to the New Glarus Village Park, roasting marshmallows for s'mores... and their time here isn't over yet. So far, we couldn't have asked for better weather- mild days and cool evenings.

1 comment:

MamaRoc said...

Awesome! I'm so glad they made the trip out :0)