In other colorful news, our kids take their holiday crafting seriously and have been cutting and pasting "treats" and love for Valentine's Day, in between learning about the martyred physician, for days now. It's wonderful to have such independent kids who go to town creating all on their own. I just provide a drawer or two of the usual supplies.
And Tubbers has been LOVING the Jumperoo we were blessed to recently acquire. LOVING. We've never had one of these before, but it seriously does an A+ job of keeping the kid delighted and engaged while I'm doing school or whatever else with the other kids. He was jump jump jumping away in there for more than an hour this afternoon and was a super duper sleepy boy by the end of it, just staring off into space, sticking that lower lip waaaay out over his top lip as he does when he's tired. It's quite endearing.
For the record, yesterday and today have been "some of the best days ever," according to Jack. I'm so glad he still says things like this. It makes me feel like they're getting a happy childhood despite the times when I feel like I'm going in and out of days in what sometimes feels like a trance. We're slowly getting there. And what do you know? Spring is just next month! I'm not stoked for the slop that comes pouring into our mudroom with that, but I am starry-eyed thinking about more daylight and outdoor picnics and pretty blooms.
We are so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment