Wednesday, December 23, 2015

getting there...

That left bottom side of the tree is often visited by small hands. I don't know why I bothered with the ribbon... I've put it back so many times :) It is two days before Christmas. It certainly doesn't feel like it. Besides it being downright balmy outside, Advent, like everything, seemed to be put on hold two+ weeks ago. But we are slowly trying to get back into some normalcy and cultivate an atmosphere of joy for Christmas. Mike was off today, and I had a dentist appointment this morning. I ended up talking to our dentist about Roma, and in the end, we shared a hug. He had lost his 24-year-old brother four years ago and understood the pain that comes especially this time of year, when you just want to tell your loved ones how much you love them. I feel saddest thinking about my parents and what they are going through right now. I hardly ever saw Roma, but it still hurts so much sometimes to know that we will never see that bright-hearted boy again. At least not this side of heaven.

After my appointment this morning, I went to Target to pick up a few last things and thought maybe I should get some boxed mix to make sugar cookies. And a container of holiday frosting. The kids had been asking to make a gingerbread house, like we usually do. Or cookies. Or something. But I am glad I came across a gingerbread cookie kit, because even boxed cookies seemed too stressful right now. It ended up being a cute and very low stress activity- and seemed to pacify their need to make something, whatever, festive.



Need some help getting into the Christmas spirit? This little snippet might help.

We are blessed!

1 comment:

MamaRoc said...

Sil's favorite part ;0)

I'm glad you're taking care of you and not doing too much...the cookies turned out beautifully.

Love you, friend. Had I known it would be summer I would have come out for a few days!