Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Visiting the animals

We had a week off between when the kids finished school for the year and when they started summer school, so we tried to make the most of it and get out to do some fun activities. Before Opal's orthodontist appointment on Tuesday and before it got too hot (it was already pretty hot), we went to the zoo. The week before, I had seen on facebook that there was a new baby orangutan, but that it had not been out for the public to see yet, and I was really hoping it would be when we went. The morning we went happened to be its first day out- they didn't even know the baby's gender yet. The girls got to see the mama pick up the baby's hand and give it a kiss. I went in while they watched the little two (no strollers allowed in the ape house) and got to see the baby nurse. So sweet!

No comments: