Friday, August 19, 2022

Back to school

My homeschool class this year
Iris, 7th grade
Opal, 4th grade
Toby, 3rd grade
Joel, Kindergarten
And, The Distractor

I know I am way behind on documenting other things on the blog (which I may just defer indefinitely), but I want to make sure to get our first day of school, which we started yesterday, while I have a sitter occupying The Distractor. This year, both of the high schoolers are doing their own things. Jack will again be doing Kolbe Academy Online, and for the first time ever, we will be having a child enrolled in public school full time- Abigail starts at our local school on September 1. She did one class there as well as track & field in the spring, so she already has a foot in the door there and has made some nice friends. But it was a little bittersweet having Morning Time yesterday without her.

We will again be doing our Catholic Schoolhouse group on Tuesdays, in which I will continue to teach Art and Gerography at the Dialectic level. But we're also trying something new this year with the local REACH (Reaching for Excellence in Academic Christian Education) program- classes on Thursday afternoons (art, science, choir, and gym). It should be a nice opportunity to get to know some other families in our community. The church where it's at is just in New Glarus, and it's a drop-off, which I'm excited about :-D My friend will also be hosting a nature club, which we hope to make it to on occasion.

Wishing everyone a blessed year of learning!

No comments: