Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Great Wolf Lodge {Part 2}

These are the only pictures I got, but our friends joined us on Saturday! My friend Carol brought her two girls, who are Iris's and Opal's ages. We were able to get them day passes for free by exchanging our big people's wristbands, since they weren't there anymore. The girls had SO much fun at the waterpark, playing games and making bracelets back in our room. And I cherished the opportunity to catch up some with my friend.
Another hard day of play.
I took the kids to dinner at the hotel restaurant, since we had some credits on our account.
After dinner, we took one last trip to the waterpark, since in the morning, we'd have to leave at opening time for Mass. (This looks like she's posing, but it was actually mid-action as she gracefully leapt from lily pad to lil pad, and she quickly turned to look when I called her name :-D)
My big kids were immense and eager helpers in the absence of Jack, Abby, and Mike.
What took place between these two photos included a horrific diaper incident, me running a third of a mile or so through the hotel hallways with one toddler under each arm, apologizing to fellow elevator occupants for the smell (they were all very gracious), a big mess, a bath. I'd left wipes in the room and the bigger kids were off doing water slides- I'd run into Toby and told him to pass on to the others I was heading up with the little two. After this, ice cream was, obviously, required.
I was going to share with her, but she insisted on feeding herself.

We happened to be in the lobby at dance party time, so of course, we hopped on that train. Penny was really feeling the music- https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uPSVlgCNcbI
It turned out to be a lovely evening, despite the diaper hiccup. We went back to the room and watched Ratatouille before crashing. The next morning was a bit crazier as we tried to pack, get luggage carts and and down the backlogged elevator, and get our room check-out ready in an hour (I wasn't expecting everyone to sleep SO late- should have set an alarm!)...

Still, we managed to make it to the Kalahari convention Center to meet Mike and the big kids for Mass celebrated by Bishop Hying at 10:29, and it didn't actually start until 10:38 :-) To be continued...

No comments: