Saturday, April 4, 2026
Happy 43rd- I mean 42nd- birthday, Mike!
The other day I argued with Joel about how old Mike and I were turning this year. Joel stated Mike was going to be turing 42 on his birthday, and I confidently broke it to him that we would both be turning 43. Talking to my parents the next day, I was telling them about this event and being shocked at how I was already getting to be mid-40s. They then helped me with my math and assured me that we are are, in fact, only turning 42. I gained a whole year of life! And Mike, too! Happy 42nd birthday, my Sweet!I went running one day last week, and when I returned, Iris had helped Zeke to make this extraordinary popsicle stick photo ferris wheel! As you can imagine, he was very eager to give it to him, but he managed to hold off until Mike's actual birthday on Thursday. Joel gave him some of his favorite Starburst jellybeans."It's a beautiful egg ('ayg')"Happy birthday ♫ before Key lime pie (They really meant it.)Every year feels more special than the last with this guy. He truly is the rock of this family, keeping us steady when life around us (and within us) seems bonkers and unstable. I am so grateful for what a hard worker he is, how he gives without counting the cost, what a loving and present father he is to our kids, how he leads with a quiet strength. But he's also pretty darn funny. And puts up with so much from little ol' brainless me. And I'm grateful that I get to do 42 twice with him! :-P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment