Sunday, July 8, 2012

kid-free

Have I mentioned what a great mother's helper we have? We've been so blessed by her these past few months. On Friday night, Mike and I seized the opportunity to have her here and get out together for a whole night without any kids-- the first time since before Jack was born. We figured we'd better do this before #4 comes, making adult-only time even more scarce. E was scheduled to be here until close to lunch time today, but as it turned out, we decided to come on home early after sleeping in until 9-- we were itching to see our dears.

A squealing crew greeted Mike and I, excited to recount to us their time with E-- coloring, a trip to Rita's after pizza, summarizing in full (just about) their new favorite movie, Mulan, a broken window unit (nothing that a flipped fuse wouldn't fix)... they were also a bit confused as to where we'd been for almost 18 hours-- "Where were you, Mom and Dad?!"

As for Mike and I, we had a wonderful, restful diversion. We spent most of our time at the beautiful Omni William downtown, with dinner beforehand and a late-evening downtown Slushee quest wherein we dealt with phantom 7-11s (according to Google maps) and an out-of-order Slushee machine. All in all, a fantastic getaway with the sweetest, and most incredible man I know...

1 comment:

Christine said...

Sounds lovely! I hope we get a night like that sometime..