Wednesday, July 18, 2012

yarn along- finished snug

From 07/15/2012 (by Eye-Fi)

From 07/15/2012 (by Eye-Fi)

From 07/15/2012 (by Eye-Fi)
The hooded snug is finally complete, except for a few toggle buttons. It turned out pretty cute- and it's sooooo soft and squishy. Right now, Bunny is donning it, just to be sure it's nice and broken in once the baby is ready for it.

I finished Cinderella Ate My Daughter and have moved on to Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too. The kids have actually been playing remarkably well together as of late, for which I've been extremely thankful, but they all have their moments (as I'm sure most siblings do) when I'd like to banish them to separate corners of the house (and I'd like to hide in my room with the noise maker on). I'm hoping this book might have some useful insight into how to deal with-- how to guide them to deal with-- certain sticky situations. Wouldn't it be great if they (almost) always got along swimmingly? I've seen it in other large families... I know its possible. There is hope for us yet!

From 07/15/2012 (by Eye-Fi)
I think I'm going to trade it my knitting needles for the Brother for a little while. Some pretty fabric is waiting to be made into a quilt, and I'm going to try to venture away from the simple patched charm square variety. Not too far, mind you.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

The snug is so darling! And how cute that it's being "broken in" with some love and hugs!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! Cutest thing ever! I haven't ever thought to make clothes for the kids stuffed animals...yes for the dolls I made them but not for their other friends! Great idea!

azwoolgirl said...

Cute project! I love knitting animals and clothes for them, it's quite fun.

Lori ann said...

so adorable!!