Wednesday, January 15, 2014

hanginaround

I'd like to remember in years to come that our first winter here wasn't all paper cuts. My back flared up again, I burned the brown rice and pork tenderloin we had for dinner), Mike got home after 8, and we still had about five accidents all day (one on the couch), but all in all, today was a pretty stellar day. First off, we made a lot of progress school-wise, with no grumbling or pouting. A triumph. We tried out the watercolor and salt experiment that I had bookmarked from The Artful Parent blog (we'll be doing this again); we played several rounds of Zimbbos, a fun game Iris got for Christmas; the big kids romped in the snow drifts from yesterday's extreme winds; Iris and I spotted nearly 1001 things in 1001 Things to Spot in Fairyland; Opal gave the dearest kisses and followed the kitty around the house, calling, "Ki-yee!"; we made fudge; and then we watched some of Night at the Museum after dinner, since Mike was working late. We have some sweet kids, we do. I can't imagine life without a single one of them.

No comments: