On a more positive note, at my appointment yesterday, the doctor remarked, twice, how "amazing" he sounded. I don't know how one could conclude that from a heartbeat, which was in the 130s to begin with and raised to the 160s after she probed around some more. To that she exclaimed, "Oh, now he's just showing off." Again, I'm not really sure how a rapidly accelerating heartbeat determines spectacularness. But I'll take it! He's head down. I'm measuring right on, but she said he doesn't feel very like a big baby or anything-- and he still has plenty of room to move around (I'll say!).
This kid is unbelievably active. I can often look down and see limbs jutting way out and point them out to Mike and the kids, who are always anxious to feel their little bro's firm appendages. He's especially squirmy when Mike is talking to him- or the kids. And after I eat something sweet. Or eat when I'm hungry, in general. Or when I'm driving. And singing loudly. Kid's a squirm.
It's hard to believe we're (probably) less than two months away now. I can't say I've really done anything in the way of preparation for the little guy. Except for secure a baptism date- and godparents. The important things (right?). We've already got pretty much everything else baby and boy stashed away in Opal's closet or the back basement somewhere- and those can be unearthed in a jiffy. We saved quite a few of Jack's old clothes, and have already been given a few adorable outfits, so he's pretty set for wardrobe. But yesterday, after my appointment, I still had a couple of hours sans air-breathing children, and I stopped into a cute little thrift store I'd been curious about for a while but didn't care to haul all of my children into. And I came away with this darling get-up for $4. It's size newborn and ohhhhh, so tiny. He'll probably grow out of it in a day (it looks like it was worn maybe once), but it was FOUR dolla. And I think foxes for little boys are rad.
2 comments:
He has a most handsome forehead and nose :0)
I know you're worried but try not to. I will go back to my diary and see when #1's placenta moved up but I'm thinking it was late in the game when she got bigger. God will take care of you both. You are covered with prayer.
It's good that your doc is enthusiastic!
We can't wait to see the next photo of that outfit, this time with a beautiful Ryan baby in it! So glad everything's going well.
Post a Comment