Saturday, March 26, 2016

Holy Week Miscellany

<3<3<3

We have been weaning this dear one since last weekend. And in one week, he has only nursed twice (because I really needed him to and didn't feel like pumping). This is the longest any of ours have ever breastfed (19 months), and the transition has been as smooth as I could have hoped. He's taken sippy cups of water or cow's milk without much fuss and has been eating better table food, so that's a plus. I will miss that sweet time with him, but we've been doubling up on books and cuddles to make up for it. Mike and I went out on a rare date on Tuesday night for a movie and Mexican, and returned to this. He apparently walked in front of Iris swinging on the swing. The big, wooden bench swing. Other than oozing, he seemed just fine when we got back. The morning after, he could hardly open it, it was so swollen. It didn't seem to bother him, though, and it's almost all healed now. Thank goodness for eager helpers :^) Sweet Russie. No, her shoes are never on the right feet.

Hip hip hooray!
The goats are back in their pen today!

They keep rushing back and forth to the spots they used to jump over and seem so confused when they are met with a 6' fence every time. They have really made a mess of our yard, but hopefully, we'll be able to clean it up some so I can feel good about letting the kids run around out there when it gets nicer :^D This one has been really been enthusiastic about reading as of late. And this one got a cool programming book from Uncle Will and Aunt Ashley. He has been tearing through it and even programmed a game with Mike. We had a mild winter, but we're still waiting for Spring to come around. On Holy Thursday and Good Friday, we had some sleet/snow/ice thunderstorms, which seemed appropriate. The ice glistening over everything was pretty, but I am so thankful that this kind of accumulation is on it's way out, at least for a few months. Especially since Mike just informed me of the temps forecasted to dip back down into the teens for his birthday next weekend. So sad.

I haven't been as on top of Lent this year, much the same as I wasn't on top of Advent, but that's okay. Mike always takes off for Holy week, and it's been so nice to have him home. We've been going to more church services this week and just doing more as a family. And it's been quite nice. Today, we dyed eggs while Toby was napping. Note to self: don't bother with the marble kind. They look kind of neat, but they make a mess, and I think every one of us dyeing spilled a bunch of the oily color mixture all over the table/newspaper. And Opal had to have a wardrobe change. But all in all, they turned out beautifully!

It's almost time...

We are blessed!

No comments: