Sunday, April 5, 2020
Acrylic pour paint virtual date night
On Friday night, Mike and I did this virtual date night with McHarper Manor (It was actually a double date, as we video-chatted with Will and Ashley, who were also tuning in!). I've been wanting to try this paint pouring for quite a while now and was grateful for the opportunity to do it even now, when we can't go out. I already had canvases and paint- I just had to order the Flotrol (flow mixture).
You just pick which colors you want and mix them individually with the flow mixture until they're nice and runny and then combine them all into one cup (in no particular order). Then you dump them on the canvas like so and tilt the canvas so the paint flows and spreads out to cover it.
Here was my first one- I love how it turned out.
Here's Mike's. I'm not sure he was as thrilled about creating art as I was, but talking to his brother simultaneously made the process more enjoyable :-)
My second one was not quite as exciting
My third one
All three together. I made three because I had extra mixed paint to use up. I like the random beauty that resulted with each of them.
There was definitely something therapeutic about this project, and I plan to do it again soon- maybe outside next time :) I need to order some more acrylics because I used up some last night, and some of mine are too old and lumpy- not good for pour painting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment