Wednesday, February 25, 2026
Winter's warm
We had some false spring days last week, when the temps reached mid-60s a couple of days! We had some friends who poorly chose that week to escape Wisconsin to Florida, where it was only a few of degrees warmer- bummer! It was glorious to be able to send the kids outside to release some of their pent up energy and soak up some much-needed vitamin D!Opal and Toby started track with the Homeschool Eagles again. It's an hour drive, down in Beloit, but it's an awesome team- a far better option than the pubic school team, imo. The coach has has trained olympians and puts God first in all they do. Plus, we've found some friends with whom to carpool. Now that Penny has pretty much outgrown naps, I've committed to driving them on Wednesdays. I don't mind some extra car time and a captive audience for some quality listening on the Hallow app. It has some great Lenten content, and the kids and I love their Saints Alive dramatized series (Also aired here). I was balling in the front seat as we neared the Y this afternoon, hearing the inspiring story of Blessed Stanley Rother, the first US-born martyr beatified by the Catholic Church. I've been balling a lot lately. God is so good. Even during the hard times. And there have been a lot of those, too.
Most Wednesday practices are at the Stateline YMCA, an excellent training facility with a neat indoor track that winds throughout the second floor of the building. There's an enclosed children's play area with picnic tables where I can sit and take care of school planning and such- and windows where we can watch the bigger kids running past. It's nice to get out of the house on these Wisconsin winter days, not that we've seen a lick of snow in weeks (Enjoy it, East Coast!). She brought me a snack <3
The moon last week (on Ash Wednesday, actually) appeared as though it had its own moon. But it was Mercury, aligned closely beside it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment