Friday, August 10, 2007

All back in one piece

All our traveling is finally over for the summer. My mom brought Jack and I back to Pittsburgh last night (along with a minivan full of more stuff and our dining room table), and Mike returned this morning from a four-day business trip to Portland, Oregon. Jack was glad to sleep in his own crib last night after a week of strange beds and a blow-up mattress. We traveled down to North Carolina from Sunday night to Tuesday night to visit my mom's family- a short but nice visit. And on our trip back gome yesterday, I thought we should have brought our oars. The flash flooding was so bad, the water looked like a waterfall coming over the concrete barriers of 376. Thankfully, Mike wasn't in his office yesterday because there was flooding in his building.
Last night, my mom and I did manage to finally paint the dining room. Now we just have to find a place for all of the stuff we dragged into our living room. And hopefully, our internet will arrive next week so we can add pictures!

No comments: