Friday, August 31, 2007

Look what I have!


This morning, as I lie beside Jack in bed, Mike came in with a full-size poster made up of hundreds of tiny photos taken since Jack was born. It's amazing when you look at it close-up- and far away to see how all of the different valued pictures come together to make the whole. I didn't think Jack's head was the same color as my teeth, but apparently, they're a perfect match! Who knew?! Mike wrote the computer program to make this photo collage himself. I tried to get him to explain the process, but it basically makes my brain ache. I took away that there are 13,824 picture tiles, with 627 unique ones and that he wrote 392 source lines of code (a.k.a. SLOC-- Ashlee, you may want to take note of this). I'm still trying to understand the "nearest neighbor" thing.
Our 24/7 camera-in-Jack's face paid off. So many pictures of Baby Jack all jammed into one!
And what a sweet husband I have- it's not even a special occassion.


1 comment:

Ryan Moulton said...

That's awesome! :)
I'd be interested in some of the specifics of how that was generated. Did he do any normalization of the background image ahead of time to get the distribution of colors to line up? You should get Mike to post about it.