Wednesday, May 9, 2012

yarn along... adding on


From 05/08/2012 (by Eye-Fi)
These simple soft baby booties and newborn earflap hat will be put to good use come October, God willing. I'm almost through Table for Eight: Raising a Large Family in a Small-Family World. Apparently, when you cross the threshold from three to four tag-alongs, you become somewhat of a freak show (the times, they are a-changin')... We're happy to risk it.

I am perpetually amazed at the miracle of that tiny flutter of a heart and a life being knit together inside of me... that God continues to bless us so abundantly. And I've been amazed by and deeply thankful for the love, support and prayers we've already been shown for this little person, who, for ten days at the beginning of April, we'd assumed, along with our midwives and doctor, we'd lost. Only, when I had an ultrasound to check for anything retained, I saw a contented little babe, ankles crossed and very much thriving.  This one's considered a "high-risk" pregnancy and have had a few scares, but we know God is ultimately in control, and that's all that matters.

Here's a glimpse of the wee pumpkin head, taken a month ago, at 11 wks, 5 days


From May 8, 2012

See previous post (here) for more pictures of the hat and booties.


10 comments:

Nadja said...

So many pregnant mamas in the blog-world right now! It's so exciting!

I have 6 kids and would have more if we hadn't started so late (I was 35 when I had my first), and we generally get two comments when we are out and about. Younger folks will say, "You sure have your hands full" (to which I reply, "Better full than empty!"), and older people will say, "You have a beautiful family." That book is on my Amazon wishlist...an interested in you thoughts about it...

Angela said...

I totally thought when you werent running your race that you might be pregnant !! Congrats ! Many prayers for this little person who is clearly a little fighter !!

Toadstool Knittery said...

Congratulations!!! Oh what joy =)
Such cute knitting, I can't get enough of little booties, they are just one of the cutest things. The book sounds very interesting and just went on my wish list, thanks for sharing =)

Ellen said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news. May God continue to bless you with a good pregnancy. We have 4, and I used to feel that way too - a little bit of a 'freak show' when we went to the grocery store or some other errand. But I have to giggle - in the homeschool world, 4 is considered a 'smaller' family. Such lovely little baby items - we're out of that stage, but I love to knit for friends' babies. So cute and quick too.

Donna said...

Congratulations on your little blessing. I will pray for this little sweetie to keep on fighting! I love the little booties!

Jen said...

Congratulations!

Wow, my parents must have been a side show. There were seven kids in my family. ;-)

Sammy B said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That one's a fighter! Best wishes and prayers for a healthy and wonderful pregnancy-- you are blessed indeed! Is there anything better than a little one? Great news! ")

MamaRoc said...

Congratulations :) I read that book when I was carrying Chiara. Hah. Continuing to pray for pumpkin head!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations. I love ultrasound photos. Just amazing and makes it all so real.

karen said...

congratulations on the baby :)