Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day

From August 28, 2012

From August 28, 2012

From August 28, 2012

I'd say our first day of school here was a success. We were well behaved at daily Mass, had a lesson on Abram/Abraham, made a star mobile, learned a new song, colored with chalk in the backyard, played "house" in the basement, did some reading/writing/letter lessons, read a number of books, folded the laundry (J. and A. were helpful, I. participated), and even made a Mummy sarcophagus out of an old vacuum box. We need to pick up some gold spray paint, as Jack is eager to cover it with hieroglyphics and mummify one of his sisters (ha- just kidding about the latter, though I'm sure he'd take volunteers). That boy. And Abigail made me laugh this morning-- after all of our talk of homeschooling, it finally seemed to click for her that she wouldn't be returning to Mrs. Kaduck's classroom: "Wait! You're going to be our teacher?!?" I was glad that my yes was met with a happy giggle.

From August 28, 2012

From August 28, 2012

From August 28, 2012
Tomorrow we're planning on going to Kindersports at our local recreation center for gym and story time... we'll see what else comes our way.

1 comment:

MamaRoc said...

I should have read this prior to our discussion. Yeah! What a wonderful first day!

It was great to see you all today. It will be nice to have more opportunities to interact with you and your wonderful family.